Thursday, August 27, 2015

Dentist Part III

My path to better health!

The first tooth that I had taken out took about 3 complete weeks to heal. Up until 2 weeks I had problems opening my mouth completely. So, I had to delay the other wisdom tooth from being taken out. The current dentist I was going to only worked on Wednesdays so it was difficult to schedule in according to this other tooth that was removed and its healing.

As I mentioned briefly in the previous post, I was curious one day and went to the bottom of the favela and crossed the street to see this other dentist office. I was curious so I went in and spoke with the receptionist. I explained a little about the work I had done and what I needed to continue on my improving health plans. She advised to do a consultation and she referred my to Dr. Leandro Fefie Lobo. The good thing about Dr Lobo is he works Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8am until 6pm. And Saturdays he works 8-12 pm. So his schedule fits better with mine and his clinic is closer, 3 minutes by moto and I am at the clinic.

When I met him I felt very comfortable. Some dentists are not very friendly but he was. I expressed my concerns about the pain I had been having and That I want to continue on getting my teeth in better condition. First thing he advised was for me to get X-Rays. So around the corner there was a place that I went right after Dr Lobo's consultation, that cost 30 reais. Much cheaper than the other place I went to. I returned to him after about 30 minutes. He took a look at my teeth x-ray and advised me of the work I needed done. Next up second wisdom tooth, reform another tooth and teeth cleaning. He also gave me anti- inflammatories for the pain from the first wisdom tooth that was removed 10 days earlier.

I returned on August 12th to get the second wisdom tooth removed. All I can say is wow, what a difference. After getting the tooth removed, no pain and I returned after 10 days to get the stitches out and 2 days later to get my other tooth reformed. On Monday, I will go for a teeth cleaning. Dr. Lobo was such a nice guy and welcoming and I look forwards to going to him in the future. His prices were also cheaper than the other doctor in Gavea.

In the same office Dr. Bruno is the one who does implants. I will see him after my cleaning with Dr. Lobo. Dr. Lobo does not do Implants. Sometimes you just need to look around to find the right one.


I would highly recommend this dental clinic as everyone was very friendly and welcoming. And the prices are very fair. He charged me 150 reais to remove the wisdom tooth. For the reforming of the other tooth he charged me 160 reais. For the cleaning he is charging me 100 reais. Fair prices.

Now on to getting info about implants.